June 15th 2021 7pm
Wheel & Sprocket - Franklin
28 Members in attendance
Metro Mountain Bikers is a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to safeguarding the future of mountain biking through the preservation and promotion of responsible off-road bicycling opportunities. Which includes the education, sponsoring events, trail construction, and trail maintenance.
Introduction of Board Members
James Mattox, Chair - absent Ron Stawicki, Member at Large
Dave Burch, Co-Chair Isaac Olson, Member at Large
Dan Kutz, Treasurer Chris McArdle, Member at Large - absent
Beth Kazinski, Secretary Eric Hackbarth – OCMB - absent
Election of New Board Members
Co-Chair ( Dave will move to Chair)
Beth Kazinski, Secretary
Ron Stawicki, Member at Large
- Next Election this November 2021 for 2022 positions
- If you are interested in a Board position, please contact the below individuals for more details.
- Positions up for renewal
Chris McArdle, Member at Large
Treasurer Update – Dan Kutz
$1000 (approx. 10) for new tools. A lot of volunteers, not enough tools. Thanks Volunteers!!
$2800 for new Container and painting for Minooka, old shed was broken into.
- 173 Paid Members
- Working on an Annual Budget to layout yearly expenditures and incorporate Heritage & Minooka builds.
- Upcoming Expenditures approved in last Board meeting:
Milwaukee County Parks Update - Dave Burch
- MKE Trail Coordinator, Jessica Wineberg was not able to make it but we are working on having her attend our meetings, so she has a better understanding of our mission and the enthusiasm of our membership to have local trails. We would like a better relationship with MKE.
- Parks Amendment / Right of Entry Permit has been fully approved and we are good until next year when we need to re-apply. The process should be smoother next year now that we have gone through the process and now what to do and what to expect.
- Fall of next year the 3 season review should be completed by Parks
- Marty was not present to let us know when Alpha 2.0 workdays will resume. Keep an eye out on FB page for updates.
Heritage Trail Update - Chris Shay
- Chris had a great PowerPoint presentation for us – pictures included as well as number of volunteer hours – well over 500 already! It included a new proposed budget for phase one.
- Scheduled workdays will be posted as usual. Thank you to all the volunteers!!!
- Link to presentation. Heritage Trails - Slinger WI Project Update - Google Slides
Minooka Park Project Update -Dave Burch
- Meeting with County – No update from James. However, status was given to the Parks with an estimated time frame for staging area to be completed in late Fall of 2022 or Spring of 2023. Fundraising has been a challenge due to Covid.
Pleasant Valley and Port Washington Trail Update- Eric Hackbarth
- Heads up – Local NICA practices will be starting this coming Tuesday and Thursday. Teams from Cedarburg, Grafton, Mequon, Port Washington & Washington County. They are particularly good at breaking up into groups and spreading out but keep in mind the parking lot and trails will be busy.
Volunteer Coordinator – Dave Cullbertson
- Dave Cullbertson was not present to update on total volunteer hours year to date.
- Please contact Dave with any hours that you have put in.
- 20 hours gets a Trail Fairy shirt. What color for last year???
- Workdays for NICA kids. One was completed up at Heritage and one coming to Minooka soon.
- Wednesday Night Races – Stuart is willing to move forward but needs someone from Metro to assist in getting started. Insurance needs to be in place before we can move forward. Dan Kutz volunteer to help get started.
- Social Event in May – Beth - We had 8 members that came out to Raised Grain in lieu of our social ride since Minooka was closed. Pizza, beer, and lots of talk on where we are all riding next. Thanks for coming out!
- Milwaukee County Video Project. Collin Buth stepped up to put together a video for Metro to present and update Milwaukee County Parks on what we do and what we provide to the communities. Let’s start at Kegel-Alpha. Looking to get Marty to schedule a small workday to do some filming and discussion around sustainable trails. We need to make sure we get our message out to the county board members and community not just the Parks.
- Membership Committee Chair. Josh Pollack stepped up to head our membership drive. Josh will work with the members of the board on ideas to drive membership.
- Next Meeting Social Event, July 30th at Heritage Trails. Look for the Metro Tent! The Park is having a beer garden and we will be hosting a ride on the new trails that will open with our Trail Guide John Slawny.
Meeting adjourned 8:09pm