July 28, 2022 | 7: 30pm
Metro MTB Public Meeting & Kegel-Alpha 2.0 Opening
Wheel & Sprocket, Franklin
Metro Mountain Bikers is a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to safeguarding the future of mountain biking through the preservation and promotion of responsible off-road bicycling opportunities. Which includes the education, sponsoring events, trail construction, and trail maintenance.
Chris Shay, Co-Chair
Dan Kutz, Treasurer
Melissa Clark, Secretary
Tom Hartman – not present
Isaac Olson- not present
Eric Hackbarth, Ozaukee County Representative – not present
Vote for Open Co-Chair Position: John Slawny voted in as new Metro Co-Chair
- Gateway signage installed, re-directing trail entry through gateway.
- Working on getting e-bikes allowed on the trail officially
Relationship well with the Parks DepartmentKegel-Alpha 2.0 Update:
- Original lap open 25 years ago. Realized that shortly after opening the that the trail that ran along the river was an issue as it often was flooded
Doyne Park, 9-hole golf course which is now closed. County currently getting input for what to do with the park. Would be a great location for a bike park. Can read more here:
- Metro worked with the Parks Department, environmental analysis, and County Supervisors to get the revised lap open.
- Downhill switchback were professional machine built by Gravity Logic when the Rock was looking at building a downhill MTB park
- Trails are not done. We are getting feedback. We will be adding berms.
- Storage shed installed
- Trails are in good shape
$20,900 forecasted contributions in 2023 for Mountain Bike trails from the County.
- Single use, one-directional trail.
- Fantastic relationship w/ Washington Co.
- Opened Jump Line flow Trail on May 5th
- New News:
- Double Dragon extended another .5 mile on July 3rd
- Added another drop
- Added 9+ jumps
- Now total of 16 jump
- New Section of trail opened last night back to the parking lot.
- What’s Next? A Continuous jumpline along blue to the south. Mandatory progressive jumps, no ride around.
- Heritage is fundraising priority this year
Treasure/ Budget Update: Most of this year’s expenditures are supporting Heritage, Snowdog and Insurance.
- Volunteer of the Year of Award 2021 awarded to James Mattox!
- Introducing the Inaugural Volunteer Year Award, named after Marty Weigel. We awarded Marty Weigel with Metro MTB’s Lifetime Volunteer Award!
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm