Metro MTB on 13 Feb 2018 8:37 AM
Mission statement - Metro Mountain Bikers - is a non - profit, volunteer organization dedicated to safeguarding the future of mountain biking through the preservation and promotion of responsible off -road bicycling opportunities. Which includes the education, sponsoring events, trail construction, and trail maintenance.
Move to be Independent (501c3 update)
New Website! – Isaac / John Shultz
New Membership levels! $40 entry level, $60 (this includes family), $100, $500, $1,000, $2,000
How to join?
· What if you are already a current member?
· Deadline for membership to attend meetings is (What should this be)
· New Metro Logo Concepts Presentation (Darin)
· Trail Maps Announcement – Don Iwen
· Pocket maps for distribution at the local bike shops of Minooka MTB Trails
· Larger one made for at the trailhead and at key trail intersections
· Update on Minooka phase 3 - Ron
· Vote in committees (sign up after meeting)
· Minooka Park Phase 3
· This committee will head up the phase 3 development at Minooka Park. Meet with the park director, maintenance crew, establish maintenance plan long term, and oversea the development. (15 members limit)
· Menomonee Falls
· Exploration of the area and partnership with Menomonee Falls Parks in researching trail opportunities. (3 Members)
· Holy Hill
· Exploration of the area and potential development and partnership for trail. (3 Members)
· Winter Fat Bike Trails
· Drive the adaption and projects for winter Fat Bike trails to be created by the Club and where including formulating a rotating grooming team. (7 Members)
· The Rock
· Work with Wheel and Sprocket on the planning and development of MTB projects at Ball Park Commons (The Rock)
· Club riding trips – (Social Events Chair?)
· Locations to set on calendar
· Copper Harbor
· Sylvan Park
· Bentonville, AR
· John Muir
· Open Committee Positions
· Volunteer Coordinator
· Social Media Chair
· Social Events Chair
· March 18th Third Annual Volunteer and Member Appreciation Party
· Time - 4:00 to 8:00
· Pizza provided by Metro Mountain Bikers
· Happy Place Third Space Beer offered for $5.00 a pint with 100% of proceeds from beer sales going to club. 50% proceeds for any other beer.
· All current club members (IMBA members) and future Metro Members with an offer to sign up through Wild Apricot to become a Metro Member.
Come join Metro Mountain Bikers for our Third Annual Volunteer and Member appreciation party. All current, past and future members are invited. We would also like to extend an invite to other southeastern Wisconsin mountain bike clubs to join us. The Metro Mountain Bikers club has new plans for the 2018 riding/trail building season that we would like to share with you at our party. Including the ability to sign as a new Metro Mountain Biker member though our new club website. We will be presenting the new Trail Fairy T-Shirts to all volunteers that have over 20 hours of club volunteer work in 2017. The club will have free pizza, soda and $5.00 pints of Happy Place beer from Third Space Brewery for sale with proceeds from beer sales going back to the club. So, please come out to socialize with your fellow mountain bikers and discuss past/future Mountain Bike Adventures.
Trail Fairy T-Shirts - Cooper
Get with Cooper after the meeting to give him your shirt size.